Groups do as their name implies, they collect questions together into a group. This has 2 purposes
- Allow a relevance to be applied to a lot of questions at once
- Show multiple questions on the screen at once
A group is defined using two question types. A begin group that indicates the start of the group and an end group that indicates its end.
All the questions between begin group and end group are within the group.
- To add relevance to an entire group put it on the begin group
- To put all questions in a group onto the same screen add form-list as an appaearance
- In the special case where all the questions are select_one or select multiple and they refer to the same list then you can put them into a table setting an appearance of table-list
An end group type question does not need a name. However it is a good idea to give it the same name as the question of type “begin group”. “end group” and “end repeat” are the only question types that do not need a unique name.
A “begin group” question does not need a label. If you do include a label then it will be shown at the top of the screen in FieldTask for every question in the group.