Organisations can contain users, surveys and projects. Each organisation is isolated from the others so that a user cannot move to a different organisation unless they are invited to by an organisational administrator or the administrator who created the organisation. These features allow organisations to be used to manage surveys for security reasons and to keep things simple. A user should only see the surveys that they are currently working on. Refer to Organisational Hierarchy for an overview of how organisations fit with other techniques for managing surveys.
Users can be members of multiple organisations although they can only be active in one organisation at a time. A user can belong to different security groups in each organisation that they are a member of. So a user in one organisation could be an administrator in another they can be an enumerator.
Organisations are managed on one of the tabs of the users page. To get to it select the menus; Modules then Admin then Users then the Organisations tab.
If you have organisational administration privilege then you will see all of the organisations on the server listed on this tab. Otherwise, if you administrator privilege you will see the organisations that you have created.
Click on the name of the organisation. This will open a dialog to edit the settings.
- Organisation Details. This is name and address details that can be automatically added to generated PDFs.
- Email options. Sets up the email proxy server that this organisation will use.
- Set the Banner logo for webforms
- Set the image for the home page
- Set the menu bar color
- Allow results to be edited on the server
- Allow sending of tasks to email addresses
- Allow sending of notifications
- Allow submissions of data to this organisation
- Allow sending of SMS messages (in notifications)
- Set the default time zone for the organisation. Ususally time zone is obtained from a user's browser settings. However where reports are generated automatically this information may not be availble and the time zone set here will be used.
- Set the default language for the organisation. As for timezone normally the user's language is used.
If you are using a browser on the server then when you click on the user profile menu, the icon that looks like a person's head and shoulders, you will see a dialog that includes the name of the organisation that you are currently in. If you access other organisations then you can select a different organisation in this dialog to move to it.
If you have FieldTask version 6.300 or higher then you can select a new organisation from inside the app without having to log on to the server using a browser. Select the General Settings menu and then Form Management. You can then select the Organization option.
Once you have changed organisations FieldTask will automatically refresh and download the Surveys and Tasks that apply to the new organisation.
This is done in the users tab. Select a user for editing then you can specify which organisations they can access.